Take a Minute to Say Thank You
|By – Dr. Ashutosh Pradhan
|| Click Here to download PDF
Action to be Taken:
Thank health workers or your favourite nurse / midwife – Nurses, midwives and all health workers are on the COVID-19 frontline. Take a moment to thank them and show them your appreciation. Share photos and videos of and from nurses and midwives, or otherhealth workers, and patients explaining why their work is vital. Use hashtag #SupportNursesAndMidwives and #COVID19.
- Globally, 70% of the health and social workforce are women. Nurses and midwives represent a large portion of this
- Nurses and midwives play a key role in caring for people everywhere, including in times of outbreaks and settings that are fragile or in conflict.
- Achieving health for all will depend on there being sufficient numbers of well-trained and educated, regulated and adequately supported nurses and midwives, who receive pay and recognition commensurate with the services and quality of care that they provide.
- Nurses and midwives have a relationship with their patients that is based on trust; knowing the full picture of someone’s health helps improve care and saves money. They also know the traditions, cultures and practices of their communities, making them indispensable during an outbreak or emergency.
- Investing more in midwives, who are critical for maternal and newborn health as well as for family planning, could avert over 80% of all the maternal deaths, stillbirths and neonatal deaths that occur today. And when a midwife or group of midwives provides care from pregnancy to the end of the postnatal period, almost a quarter of pre-term births can be prevented.
- Many countries need to do more to ensure that nurses and midwives can work in an environment where they are safe from harm, respected by medical colleagues and community members, and where their work is integrated with other health-care professionals.
- Five key investment areas:
- Accelerate investments in nursing and midwifery education
- Employ more specialist nurses
- Invest in the leadership skills of nurses and midwives.
- Make midwives and nurses the heart of primary health care
- Support nurses and midwives in delivering health promotion and disease prevention.
Take a minute to sign this petition to say THANK YOU to Nurses and midwives who:
- Makes the world happier, healthier
- Keep you and your family healthy
- Are at the forefront of many improvements being made in our healthcare
The World needs Millions more Nurses & Midwives.
Visit URL – http://chng.it/DKmD2TN6J8 to Sign the Petition to Thank You Nurses & Midwives to Celebrate World Health Day 2020
- World Health Day – 2020 – WHO – https://www.who.int/news-room/campaigns/world-health-day/world-health-day-2020 (accessed on 7-April-2020)
- Key Facts – WHO – accessed online – https://www.who.int/news-room/campaigns/world-health-day/world-health-day-2020/key-facts-on-world-health-day-2020 (accessed on 7-April-2020)